The church building will normally be open during daylight hours.
It is traditionally believed that St Cynwyl was the son of a North Wales Chieftain and fought with King Arthur at the Battle of Camlann.
The present church building was dedicated by the then Bishop of St Davids in July 1857, though the porch was added at a later date. The East window depicts the Resurrection and the West window which adjoins the Nave was given by the founder of Epsom College, John Propert, in memory of his parents of Blaenpistyll, Tremain.
In the churchyard the memorials show much evidence of the sea-going nature of past congregations, naming many who lost their lives at sea, including in far flung places.